Riverfront invites the community to a free Pavilion grand opening celebration September 6 & 7. Sponsored by Garco Construction. The grand opening will feature live local music from the Spokane Symphony and The Cronkites, and national act The Dip, coming to Spokane fresh from Bumbershoot Music Festival. Attendees can also enjoy Pavilion light shows, fitness programming, a Kids Zone with mobile recreation, a native cultural presentation, food vendors, beer garden, and more. All events are free. Visitors are encouraged to bring blankets or low profile seats for the sloped lawn. Limited chairs are available on first-come basis.
Friday, September 6
• 4 P.M. Whitworth String Quartet, Spokane Area Youth Choirs
• 5 P.M. Ribbon Cutting, Spokane Tribe Opening Blessing, Native Cultural Presentation
• 5 – 9 P.M. Kids Zone (until 8 P.M.), Beer Garden, Food Vendors
• 6:30 P.M. The Cronkites
• 8:00 P.M. Light Show
Saturday, September 7
9 A.M. – 9 P.M.
• 9 – 10:30 A.M. PNW Sweat Party, with Foam Finish Line and DJ
• 1 – 6 P.M. Kids Zone, Mobile Recreation Games and Activities
• 1 – 9 P.M. Food Vendors
• 1 P.M. Covenant Methodist Marimba
• 2 P.M. Spokane Children’s Theatre
• 4 P.M. Spokane Symphony
• 4 – 9 P.M. Beer Garden
• 5 P.M. Native Cultural Presentation
• 7 P.M. The Dip
• 9 P.M. Light Show
Downtown Spokane, Spokane Parks Foundation, Negative Split, SCAFCO Steel Stud Company, Makin & Little, Apollo Sheetmetal, Cameron-Reilly, S&S Coatings, Power City Electric, and Modern Drywall.