Here is the detailed explanation for all 5 squat variations released with “5 Secrets for Sexy Toned Legs” for “WORK IT Wed”. The video describes how to perform each move & why the small adjustments make a difference in your results. Please reference to my post for each individual exercise in a short video format & my IGTV to follow along.
These 5 squat variations isolate different regions of your legs to improve results. When you isolate your quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves etc you get better results in less time. You can add on a calf raise with your squats to improve your lower legs at the same time you build your upper legs. It is absolutely NECESSARY to isolate individual muscles to get the results you desire & build toned, lean muscle.
5 SQUAT VARIATIONS
1. Squat to bench x 12 (add a heel raise at the top of the squat to target your calves)
2. Squat with toes elevated x 12
3. Squat with heels elevated x 12
4. Plie squat with heel raises (single OR both)
5. Bulgarian split squat
HOW DO THESE VARIATIONS IMPROVE RESULTS
1. Add a heel raise at the top of a squat you = targets calves (look fabulous in those heels everyone)
2. Use a dumbbell, board, free weight, etc to rest your heels OR toes on. Raising your toes isolates&targets the hamstrings (back of your legs). Raising your heels targets the quads (front of your legs).
3. Raising heels during the plie squat targets inner thighs, making this movement more effective. I recommend isolating one inner thigh at a time (Perform with ONLY the right heel raised 12 times, repeat with the left heel raised) If your time is limited raise BOTH heels at the SAME time targeting BOTH inner thighs simultaneously.
4. Bulgarian split squats target your glutes & eliminate the under butt fat roll women struggle with as we age.
Message & comment me with any questions you have. I am here to help you! Visit my Instagram @simplyruf where I reveal simply “real underground fitness” secrets. I am also on YouTube. Beauty, fashion & fitness complement one another @simplyhautecouture.